E-bike tour to experience Gyokuro in a Japanese garden and traditional culture of crafts
Price ¥12,500~* (including tax)
*depends on the number of people
Location Fujieda-city and Shizuoka-city Shizuoka
Availability Weekdays 1：00PM – 4：00PM
Tea Tasting Experience, Bicycle rental, bicycle helmet rental.
- The Asahina district of Fujieda is one of the three major gyokuro production areas in Japan, along with Uji in Kyoto and Yame in Fukuoka, and offers a matcha (powdered green tea) experience.
- Surrounded by rich nature, a Japanese garden with seasonal flowers, and a “Gyokuro no Sato” tea house, visitors enjoy traditional gyokuro tea with sencha and maccha green tea.
- E-bikes will take you through the old Tokaido Highway and the famous Utsudani Pass Meiji Tunnel.
- You can take a break and experience traditional culture at the “Takumi-shuku,” a facility for experiencing Suruga crafts.
Local Tea Experience
The Asahina area is one of Japan’s three major production areas for Gyokuro, along with Uji in Kyoto and Yame in Fukuoka. Surrounded by rich nature, Gyokuro-no-sato offers a Japanese garden where you can enjoy seasonal flowers and a tea house, Hyogetsu-tei, where you can enjoy sencha (green tea) and matcha (powdered green tea) with traditional gyokuro produced in Asahina. Please feel free to enjoy the tea experience in the tea room, even if it is your first time or you are not comfortable sitting on the floor. At the “Chanohana-tei” restaurant, you can enjoy Gyokuro and other locally produced menu items. Gyokuro tea and fresh farm products produced in Asahina are also available for purchase.
[Address] 1214-3 Okabechonyufune, Fujieda- city, Shizuoka
Sunpu no Kobo Takumishuku
One of the largest traditional craft experience facilities in Japan where visitors can experience workshops on history and the future of Sunpu. Visitors can experience traditional crafts that have continued since the Imagawa and Tokugawa periods, including Suruga bamboo crafts, Japanese dyeing, woodworking, lacquer, and ceramics. It is truly an irreplaceable craftsmanship experience. Stop by the fashionable café and you will find that the extensive menu of meals, beverages, and desserts are made with ingredients from Shizuoka Prefecture, as well as honey from a local Mariko apiary.
[Address] 3240-1 Mariko, Suruga ward, Shizuoka city, Shizuoka
・We have a four person minimum. Please apply with more than 4 people.
・It will be held only weekdays 1:00PM – 4:00PM.
[Address] 3-11-1 Kusanagi, Shimizu-ku, Shizuoka city, Shizuoka Pref.
[Contact] Tel : +81 54-347-2511
10:00AM – 5:00PM ( JST )
Email : email@example.com
A cancellation fee will be charged for cancellations made within 20 days.
- Cancellation 20-10 Days prior to the scheduled date: 20 % of the total cost.
- Cancellation 9-2 Days prior to the scheduled date: 30 % of the total cost.
- Cancellation on the previous day: 50 % of the total cost.
- Cancellation on the day or no-show： 100 % of the total cost.